|Picture from Blessed Life|
Ok I know the name isn't the best but when I tell you this cake is DELICIOUS......YES!!!! I learned about this cake via Ree Drummond on her Food Network cooking show The Pioneer Woman. This cake is so simple to make and takes no time at all. Check out the full recipe below.
2 cans of fruit of your choice- I like peach, apple, cherry, or pineapple
1 stick of butter
1 box of cake mix of your choice- Once again my favs are yellow or white cake mix
1. Dump cans of fruit into a baking dish. I use 9x13 inch pan.
2. Smooth the fruit so that it covers the bottom of the pan.
3. Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the fruit. Be sue to cover all the fruit completely.
4.Smooth out any lumps of cake mix.
5. Cut stick of butter into small pieces and lay on top of cake mix. Be sure to cover the entire top layer of the cake while leaving small spaces in between each slice of butter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
You can also add spices to the fruit layer for added deliciousness!!
Add cinnamon if you are making an apple dump cake. Also add nuts to the top layer of any cake combination for an added crunch. My favorite combo is an peach fruit with yellow cake mix topped with whipped cream!!!!